Middle School Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher
Our Christian School is looking for a Middle School Teacher to join our roster of experienced, motivated and effective teaching professionals. The successful candidate will assume an all-day position teaching 5th through 8th language arts and social studies. The language arts teacher plans and teaches with the goal of promoting spiritual, academic and social growth of the middle school students.
This full-time job includes skillful use of instructional materials and activities, demonstrating passion for both the academic and spiritual content and developing the whole child. The teacher should model a life of Christian joy and local church participation, and through leadership, empathy, integrity, and a passion for Christian education, help each child appreciate that they are a uniquely gifted child of God, loved for whom God has made them to be.
**Examples of Middle School Language Arts Teacher responsibilities:
1. Prepare lesson plans that account for curricular content, the learner, and instructional methods
2. Implement course goals
3. Integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom
4. Regularly assess students, giving useful feedback for the purpose of both formative and summative assessment
5. Communicate with other teachers as well as with parents about student progress and behavior
6. Create a welcoming and inspiring atmosphere in the classroom
1. A faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life
2. Demonstrates/displays love for God and students
3. Active member in a church whose teachings agree with the covenant of Calvary Baptist Church
4. Possess a teaching certificate
5. Excellent communication, organizational, and management skills
6. Ability to teach creatively
Typical school year runs September through the end of May, Monday through Thursday and first Friday of each month. Full time teachers receive free tuition for two students.